Recently, I came across a post on social media where someone asked, "What does Mindfulness mean to you?". Too many responses included words like "overused", "overrated" and "cliche".
To me, I say it is ESSENTIAL.
How can we truly #lead if we are not aware? If we are not #conscious?
When we are mindful and conscious leaders we can:
- Lead with authenticity
- Recognize our #strengths and blind spots ans well as embrace the strengths of others
- Remove Ego and begin leading with compassion, empathy and #joy
- Create genuine connections with others
- Notice what is happening within our own emotional reactions and responses
- Recognize the reactions and responses from others and learn to notice their triggers
How can you be more mindful?
It is about creating habits that bring you into the moment such as:
- Practice gratitude
- Set daily affirmations
- Journal, focusing on a reflection from your day
- Practice Mindful movement such as Yoga
- Breathwork, intentional breathing exercises
What do you do to develop your own #Mindfulness?